Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Algren, one final note

Cocksuckers! I read the Algren book, didn't really care for it and thought it was only historically interesting. And because I had to write a review about it to a local newspaper.

I wrote yesterday to the editor saying that my review will come tomorrow. The answer came just now: "Don't do it, it's already been reviewed!" I remember very clearly that I had made a deal with the guy in charge. (This is not the first time it's happened with the newspaper in question... Maybe I should stop writing for them. They pay badly and treat you poorly, but at least they pay.)

Have to try to place the review somewhere else. It's not easy and I will most likely get less pay than I expected to. The most sensible thing to do would be to get the money from them saying that it was negotiated and I did what was asked and I must get paid. We'll see.

No comments: