Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Book questions

I got his from Tero.

Book Questionnaire

You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?

The Communist Manifesto. After reading the book the rebels would really know what to do instead of trying feebly to memorize the books. A bloody revolution is all they need!

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Are idolizations called crushes? Maybe Bob Morane, when I was a kid. I hoped I was more like him (which was none). Maybe some movies, with some pretty babes (Elizabeth Shue in "Goodbye Las Vegas"). And Viggo Mortensen, whom I considered for long to be very hot.

What are you currently reading?

Charlotte Armstrong's "A Dram of Poison" from 1956. It's for an article about female noir. There are some other books lying on the night table, but let's leave them out, since I haven't really touched them for a while. In the WC, there's a copy of Adam Hardy's (= Ken Bulmer) George Abercrombie Fox paperback (about Napoleon wars fought on sea: strictly pulp). I'm on page 25 or so.

Five books you would take to a deserted island?

The Lord of the Rings
The Selected Letters of Raymond Chandler
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
Yrjö Hirn's study of robinsonades, "Valtameren saari/The Sea in the Ocean" (1922; with a good bibliography on the subject)
My forth-coming book on Finnish pulp fiction (presumed it's ready when I'm in a shipwreck and find myself marooned)

Can I also mention Al Hubin's The Bibliography of Crime Fiction? On the CD side, maybe Pat Hawk's pseudonyms catalogue would be really nice. Provided I had a computer with me.

Now, that makes seven.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

Oh god.. let me think. I don't know so many bloggers. James , Tosikko and Bill. James and Bill write about books and Tosikko is a dear friend.

No comments: