Friday, March 20, 2009

Film book out


I started doing this book, what, four years ago? Or was it only three? I got a smallish grant for a non-fiction book aimed at young readers and I was going to write a book that would tell everything on films - the narration, how they are made, all that. I got bored pretty quickly, and everything went on hiatus for at least a year. Then I decided the book would be only about the history of cinema. Even after that it was quite a long time before the book saw daylight (there was even some fighting between two publishers, which was absurd and took quite a while). The book's not anymore targeted at young readers, but if you're a cinephile with a long background, you don't have to read this.

Today I got my hands on my author copies. It's a hardcover book - haven't done many of those. And it looks pretty neat, too. I would at least browse through this in a bookstore.

Available everywhere books are sold.

2 comments:

Todd Mason said...

Further congratulations!

SusuPetal said...

Onneksi olkoon kirjan johdosta!