Monday, May 14, 2012
Turned 40 last Thursday
- I just compiled and sent to the printers a small booklet that will come out next Friday, when I'm having a ball with some friends of mine (see the photo), it contains 40 items, mainly pictures and photos, from my life and the title means simply: Juri: 40 things.
- last Friday I finished doing layouts for the new anthology I edited: it reimagines the Finland's most famous soldier, the national hero Mannerheim as a pulp hero with a secret life, mission and whole new adventures no one has ever heard of; the book will come out in the sixth of June
- the anthology of old Finnish horror stories is finally coming out, it may be out already as I write this
- I've been trying to gather some stuff for the book on the history of misanthropy, but there have been some complications with the publisher that was supposed to do this
- my project for the history of animated cinema went busted, but I'll be resurrecting it as a book for children of 10-14 years; I don't really know how that will turn out
- I've been editing the manuscript of my coming sleaze novel, called this time Runkkuloma Rivieralla (hardly translatable, as the pun in the title makes no sense to anyone outside Finland), it didn't come out as well as I had wished, but I have hopes that with corrections I can make it work
There are also two fictionmags I'm hoping to put out, the other being the fifth and final issue of my Seikkailukertomuksia/Adventure Stories and the other being an aviation mag, with two new Finnish stories, one old Finnish story and one old translated story from a pulp mag. Details later, the title will be The Sky of Adventures (or, in Finnish, Seikkailujen taivas). I've also got some book ideas for the next Autumn, but more on them later.