Friday, April 20, 2018

Michael Moorcock: The Steel Tsar

Just a quick note to possibly encourage more constant blogging:

Finished the last entry in Michael Moorcock's Oswald Bastable trilogy, The Steel Tsar. I really liked the two earlier installments in the series, but this one was too talkative and lagged. The normal steampunky Moorcock touches are of course intact, with Josef Stalin being a steel monster of the title and him chasing the anarchist leader Mahno with a zeppelin. But still, I liked the two earlier parts a lot more.

Life has been crowded, hence no blogging. I'll try to squeeze some posts in.

2 comments:

Elgin Bleecker said...

Juri – Glad to see you back on the blog. Thanks for posting this. I am not familiar with Moorcock’s work, but will look into it now.

jurinummelin said...

Thanks, Elgin! We'll just have to see - today I have had only a small chance to post some small updates on Facebook, everything else has been work, work, work.

Moorcock might be one of my favourite SF authors. It's not a genre I love, but he has done some very entertaining and thought-provoking books.