Friday, October 21, 2005

Tired tired tired

Wow man, am I tired!

We decided to wean Kauto away from having breast during the night. It's been a nuisance. He doesn't always sleep properly with a breast in his mouth and he keeps kicking me in the back. Elina sleeps badly and she has back ache. And we don't want to wake up in the middle of the night anymore!

But this requires something from me. Elina slept on the living room floor and I was alone with Kauto. I hushed and lulled him at least seven times last night! And I count the 02:22 - 03.48 stint as one hush...

But still, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. I just don't know just how long I can keep this up. I hope Kauto has a better night coming and he won't wake up so easily.

It's no surprise I didn't get much work done. I wrote a scene for my P.I. novel in which my hero breaks out a fight with some drunks in the nightclub where he's taken his girlfriend (from whom he'll be soon stealing some money and stuff). I don't know how it came out. Then I checked my pulp story. It seemed quite nice and fast-paced, but then again, I might not be in the right mood to judge my own work properly. Then I did a small piece for Aamulehti's blog (they pay for that stuff!). I don't really like to do meta-blogging, but it's interesting to note that the biggest newspapers in Finland (Helsingin Sanomat and Aamulehti) have both put up their own blogs. I just wonder (and wonder this even in my own case) when the staff writers do their ordinary work!

About my new publication: later.

No comments: