Thursday, February 10, 2011

My working bibliography: Nummeliniana

I celebrated my 10-year career as a writer two weeks ago.* Beside the big party I threw, I also published a small leaflet containing my working bibliography. (Working in the sense not complete, something that others can build upon.) The book is called Nummeliniana. I collected all my published books, all my self-published novels and leaflets and all the stuff I've published in my own fictionmags, such as Isku and Seikkailukertomuksia**. I dug out some pretty obscure stuff, which I'd completely forgotten myself. I also included all the small leaflets and booklets I've done through my own publishing outfit called Abraxas. Many of these are without the ISBN code, which makes them rather unvisible to other bibliographers. There are items that have had a print run of 10 or 20 or even 5. Even if someone would start collecting my stuff, he/she wouldn't find some of the Abraxas books/leaflets very easily (especially as I suspect some of the stuff I've given away have been thrown away).

There's a bit of self-irony in this, but I'm not sure if it's readily visible. I'm being pompous here on purpose. If there's someone out there interested in obtaining this, let me know. I'm selling these for two euros each.

* With "writer" I mean author, the writer of published books. As a freelance writer and a contributor to various magazines I've been almost 25 years.
** Isku = Punch; Seikkailukertomuksia = Adventure Stories.

1 comment:

Todd Mason said...

At this point, I'd have to do anything similar almost exclusively from memory, given how lost and unindexed most of my writing has become and remained.