Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Kompleksi

My friend pHinn (check also this) has just released his first record! Hurrah for Kompleksi! It's a 7" vinyl, with "(I Ain't No) Love Child" on the A-side and "Moscow 1980" on the B-side. They are brooding, but energetic garage electro with just a hint of the rougher eighties sound, yet safely on the 2000's side (no nostalgia here). "Love Child" also reminds me of bit Iggy and the Stooges and other Detroit bands of the late sixties. Maybe also early Suicide comes to mind.

Both songs are great and should deserve radio play. I also hope they are picked up by some bigger company. More power to Kompleksi!

The 7" was released by Lal Lal Lal who also published The Demars' "Veriläiskiä". (You can check The Demars also here. It's in Finnish. Their summer hit "Pallomainen vittu" was in the web, but I can't find at the moment.)

You can hear Kompleksi and pHinn's other music projects here. Check it out.

No comments: