Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Work done

I rewrote the Beckford entry, as I added some stuff from the foreword by Malcolm Jack in "The Vathek Episodes" that I found in Varastokirjasto. I also found a great site that has stories and tales by Beckford here. They are quite difficult to read, since they are not edited.

I also finished off the Joe Novak pirate story. I thought I'd have difficulties ending it, but I think it turned out fine and I was even able to put some sort of warmth in it. As I say somewhere, maybe in Isku's editorial, Joe Novak is the most sympathetic P.I. in Los Angeles.

Why do I write stuff situated in America? I don't know. Maybe it's the pastiche thing. It wouldn't work in Finland. No one hires private detectives in Finland. At least to deal with the things Joe Novak does.

I also took out some homosexuality stuff from the YA novel I wrote with Elina. It has no good title at the moment. It was Kokkisotatyttö/Girl of the Cook Wars, since Sade in the lead wanted all the time to make food. Now I don't know what it should be.

Then I finally posted the Pulps. Sorry about the header in the editorial: it's from the previous issue! It looks pretty stupid...

No comments: