Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Still on Pink Floyd

(I promise I'll stop whining about this...)

Okay, I give you that Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" is a good tune, brooding, atmospheric and catchy, all that at the same time, which is quite amazing. But nevertheless, I hate the band.

However, I was at the gym the other day and heard "Another Brick in the Wall". Now, the gym is the only place where I get to hear the radio, since we don't listen to radio at home, and therefore I hear all the new hits there. The catchy phrase "We don't need no education" caught my ear. It was a cover version, sort of heavy metal, heavy riffing and all that. I kind of liked it and thought, "Hey, maybe this is meant to be a heavy metal song." It suited just fine with the weight lifting (200 pounds and all that...).

And, then, everything crashed. There was the announcer (which is rare in radio these days, I hate when they just play the songs and there's only a channel jingle between them) who said that it was Korn. Damn! I mean, who could be plausible and say he likes Korn better than Pink Floyd? So, I refrain from saying so.

I'm leaving on a business trip to Tampere, the town where I went to university. It's a nice town. If you ever come to Finland, do visit Tampere.

No comments: