Tuesday, February 28, 2006

A new book on Finnish SF/fantasy authors

Congratulations to Vesa Sisättö and Toni Jerrman for the new book they edited. It's about Finnish SF/fantasy authors and covers writers from the late 19th century to this day (there's at least one novel discussed from 2006). It's an amazing work and nothing of the sort has even been done. Nicely done, boys!

(It's not complete of course, and I would really, really like to see a book that discusses even the most obscure writers in minute detail, but I don't know if there's market for that kind of thing in Finland. I'm not really missing anyone there, except for the mention of L.A. Salava and his wonderful satire, Philip Pym, the King of the Flies, from the mid-thirties. And Tero Kärkkäinen whose clumsy juveniles I read when I was 11 or 12. Only later I realized they were from a Christian publisher.)

No comments: