Saturday, February 04, 2006

Swedish Western paperback covers


I'll be posting five or six Swedish paperback covers, mainly Westerns, here now. I found all of these for only 25 cents, with Gypsy Rose Lee's autobiography and a book by Konrad Lorentz thrown in. If you know me, you know I couldn't leave these behind...

But I'll dispose the Swedish ones. I can't read the language fluently enough and they are worth next to nothing in Finland. But before I do that, I'll put the covers on display.

The artists are not credited. Some of the art is probably Spanish. Spain produced lots of good traditional paperback illustrators in the sixties and seventies and you can recognize them from harsh brush strokes.

First Jack April's Fyra skott (1963, orig. Feud at Five Rivers, 1955). I've read this in Finnish translation. It's occasionally a very good novel about revenge. The Swedish title means "Four Shots".

No comments: